Center Cory Withrow is filling in for the injured Matt Birk, but Withrow is still hoping for a quick…
Vikes Concerned About Birk Injury
Birk, who has never missed a game since becoming a starter in 2000, had an anti-inflammatory injection Monday, but, a day later, it had done nothing to ease the pain in the joint between his left and right pelvis.
While there was talk of giving Birk another injection, results from Tuesday's test will likely come to the Vikings later today. However, the early buzz among Vikings coaches and medicos is that Birk could well miss up to two or three weeks, which would make him unavailable for either the Cardinals or Falcons game.
The bright side, however, came from Tice, who said he has been assured by the medical staff that Birk's injury won't be long-term and that he will be ready for the season opener vs. the Cowboys.
* As a precaution, the Vikings planned to sign free agent center Billy Conaty today.
* In other injuries, Mike Nattiel (ankle) and Moe Williams (calf) were kept out of practice Tuesday. Both are expected to return later in the week.
* President Bush will be in Mankato today, but at this time, there are still no plans for him to stop by Vikings practice.
* The Vikings signed punter Travis Dorsch Tuesday and released punter Filip Filipovic. The Vikings had planned to draft Dorsch, who can also kickoff, in the 2002 draft, but the Bengals beat them to the punch.
VikingUpdate.com Recommended Stories
Key injuries mount for Vikings in loss
The Vikings lost several key players or had them limited with injuries in the loss to the Packers.Read More
Rivalry Week on Scout
Build yourself a sky-high left-over turkey sandwich, cover it in a creamy sauce of hate, and get ready to scream!Read More
Vikings: ‘No moral victories’…but improvement
The Vikings defense limited the big plays but still couldn’t get the stop when needed at the end.Read More
VIDEO: Post-game locker room
Greg Jennings, Cordarrelle Patterson, John Sullivan, Josh Robinson and Harrison Smith discuss both sides of the ball during the Minnesota Vikings loss to the Green Bay Packers on Sunday.Read More
Outdoorsman's Gift Guide: Christmas 2014
Finding just the right present for that special someone can be a challenge, so we’ve compiled a wide variety of hunting, fishing and outdoor gifts that you—or Santa—can deliver this Christmas.Read More
- 11 23 14 Packers @ Vikings game day thread
- ESPN analyst says Bridgewater won't be a starter
- If season was over what positions would the vikes draft
- Tackles under consideration
- End of the game